"Creativity not criminality” is the new slogan of Karosta Kids, a youth organization which had received the award of one of the best organizations in Liepaja, in 2013.
In conversation with Tatyana Tarasova, the chairman of board, we can now share some of the activities which make the everyday life of Karosta Kids:
- On Mondays, at 5 p.m., the german volunteer of this organization leads german lessons.
- Tuesday is time for youngsters to discuss about serious topics, like conflict management.
- On Wednesdays, all are invited to join the sewing workshop.
- Thursday is time to improve the english, during one hour lesson, which starts at 5 p.m.
- To end well the week, Karosta Kids watch a movie on Friday.
At the same time, there are other activities taking place in this youth center: decoration, cooking and soap-making are just some of the examples. “Everybody is invited to join the activities”, says Tatyana, “but, in order to keep up the good work, Karosta Kids are looking for sponsers who want to support creativity, instead of criminality”. If you want to be a part of this great family, to whom Tatjana called Karosta Kids, you have two options: join the organization as a volunteer or make a donation. Be aware that all donation are tax-deductible.
To get to know more about this organization, please visit its online places: